Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea Timer update: Same version?

Question Tea Timer update: Same version?

Hi, I had just installed the update (March 11, 2009) and among other it came a update for Tea Timer.
    I have noticed that Tea Timer was canceled and restarted but after that the Version is the same. I exit Tea Timer and restarted it manually, but the info in About for Tea Timer is the same:
    Version 1.6.0.30
    System settings protector 1.6.4.26
    Is it normal or should I do something "extra"?
    And by the way, THANKS for a great SW that still support W98 users!!
    -XP SP3 4Ghz 4Gb
    -XP SP3 2Ghz 1Gb
    -W98 SE 500Mhz 500Mb
    All w/ZoneAlarm, Firefox, Spybot 1.6.2 Avast! 4.8 Home (Ex AVG 7.5)
    Last edited by Becky; 2009-03-12 at 03:23. Reason: My signature is outdated...
    Today I will learn something (and tell others about...)
    -XP SP3 4Ghz 4Gb
    -XP SP3 2Ghz 768Mb
    -W98 SE 500Mhz 500Mb
    All w/ZoneAlarm, Firefox, Spybot 1.6.2, Avast! 4.8 Home (Ex AVG 7.5)

Lol, don't worry about the TeaTimer version being the same as the program version. You are running the latest version.

Hmmm... but yesterdays TeaTimer update should be 1.6.6.32

Can be recognized by for example the new "Paranoid mode" switch in its tray icons menu.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Question "Paranoid mode" and "reset lists"

Hi guys
    The recent update of S&D has also updated Teatimer version to 1.6.6.32.
    Right-clicking on its icon I found two new options, such as "Paranoid mode" and "Reset lists": the online guide make no mention about them, so does anyboby knows something more about?
    Regards

Live long and prosper

"Paranoid mode" is mentioned in the current news and the ones before that: the tew TeaTimer won't warn on all unknown entries any more, since that was confusing to many users. To restore the old behaviour, enable paranoid mode.

The Reset option allows you to revoke all your custom made decisions. That was to help our helpers here on the forum who often need that to make sure a wrong decision by the user is not hindering a cleaning process.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I had pretty much the same experience as Becky except that when TeaTimer updated it didn't close down the existing version and I had 2 TeaTimer icons in the System Tray. As I was installing using an administrator account, I then logged out and logged in using my user account. Only one TeaTimer started up, but it was the old version.

However, this morning, when I started my PC, the new TeaTimer magically appeared. I was hoping that this was what you were expecting.

A couple of things that I thought might have caused this:

1. I have Spybot S&D installed in C:\Program Files\Spybot\Search & Destroy rather than the default location. I also have the distributed testing agent installed (in ...\Spybot\DistTest\) so this cuts down on the clutter a bit.

2. When I shutdown my PC last night it installed a few Microsoft updates. Could the TeaTimer update have got queued behind these?

Default rfr drghuges: Two icons on systray

Hello there,
    I also had the same experience about two teatimer icons on the system tray: anyway althought the old version of teatimer was regulary sthutted down, I continued to see its icon on the systray, near the icon of the new version.
    I scrolled the mouse on it without clicking anything and the icon of the old version magically disappeared.
    The same thing happens when You try to shut down a process from the task manager (such as windows messenger): althought you have terminate it, you still see its icon on the system tray: it will disappear only when you pass on it with the mouse...... I don't know why, perhaps it's a windows bug.
    Anyway, for my experience I noted it's better not to charge the system with several updates at the same time, it would be better one at once.
    Have a nice day

Live long and prosper

Default rfr PepiMk - "PARANOID MODE"

Mny Tnks for the quick reply
    Anyway, I immediatly enabled the "Paranoid mode": althought I've Mcafee installed I feel more sure with Teatimer running in the background asking for everything. I think it's good to disable this option only installing new software or eventually updating.
    Tnks again

P.s. "PARANOID" was also an old song by the Black Sabbath: does the title involve with the name of the option?

Live long and prosper

My apologies PepiMK. I didn't update yet >_<.
    Becky, the latest version (TeaTimer) 1.6.6.32, sorry.

Question Tea Timer update: Still not updated

I have the same problem as Becky (maybe not for the same reason.) I updated Spybot while logged in as user, not as admin; TeaTimer update failed, version is still 1.6.0.30. Spybot now says "no updates available", downloads page only lists definition updates available. Now logged in as admin, how do I update TeaTimer???