Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Spybot

Default Question about Spybot

Hello,

That is the resident TeaTimer, the realtime protection of Spybot-S&D.
    The Resident TeaTimer is a tool of Spybot-S&D which perpetually monitors the processes called/initiated. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options, how to deal with this process in the future.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

yes, I know that. But it shows me this message since yesterday . I have not seen it before that.

Maybe the info balloons were disabled back then. What it is telling you is that TeaTimer is analyzing running processes on your machine and determines if they are legitimate or malicious.

Theay have been always enabled.
    I received messages about changes (like Spybot has detected an important registry entry has changed) but know I don't... How can I get them back?

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by zxccxz; 2009-03-14 at 04:58. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by zxccxz
    I received messages about changes (like Spybot has detected an important registry entry has changed) but know I don't... How can I get them back?
    That does not have anything to do with the "info balloons". What the prompts are telling you that an important registry chance has occurred. You cannot undo that change once you Allowed or Denied the prompt. The change would have been the same if you have allowed all the prompts compared to when TeaTimer is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post

That does not have anything to do with the "info balloons". What the prompts are telling you that an important registry chance has occurred. You cannot undo that change once you Allowed or Denied the prompt. The change would have been the same if you have allowed all the prompts compared to when TeaTimer is disabled.
    But why I don't receive prompts anymore? I'm sure there was changes and a prompt doesn't appear..

Lightbulb That's possibly because....

Teatimer since the latest update surpresses most prompts to make it less confusing for the user. If you are an advanced user however, you can make teatimer act the old way by right clicking teatimer and choose paranoid mode. This causes teatimer to prompt you about every change like it used to

^True.
    But it could also mean that no "changes" could have occurred during the time period of when you updated till now.

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    ^True.
    But it could also mean that no "changes" could have occurred during the time period of when you updated till now.
    There was changes. But there was no prompts.. Thats why I post the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by 129260 View Post
    Teatimer since the latest update surpresses most prompts to make it less confusing for the user. If you are an advanced user however, you can make teatimer act the old way by right clicking teatimer and choose paranoid mode. This causes teatimer to prompt you about every change like it used to
    Thanks.