Thread: bot info

Default bot info

The longer I have my computer the more crap has to be scanned when spybot runs a scan.

The stuff is all clean but I would like to get rid of it - I really do not need any wwwcoolsearch or xxxdialer bots on my computer.

Could someone explain where the stuff is on my hard drive so I can look at getting rid of it. When I got the computer none of this crap was onboard.
    Last edited by ddude; 2006-05-26 at 06:07.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

When you do a "Check for problems" are you:
    1. Actually detecting problems which would be listed under "Problem" in the right hand pane of the screen?

--- or ---

2. Are you talking about the names in the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen that changes continually during a scan?

If a, please provide a list of the problems you are getting:
    • Run another "Check for problems" followed by a "Fix selected problems".
    • When the scan/fix completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste those results to a new post in this thread.

If b, be aware that during the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen shows the following:
    • "Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
      • xxxxx = Current check count.
      • yyyyy = Total check count.
      • zzzzz = Malware being checked for
    • The zzzzz value is not what is on your system it is the malware that is being scan for.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

The stuff is all clean but I would like to get rid of it - I really do not need any wwwcoolsearch or xxxdialer bots on my computer.
    Are these things being found by Spybot,after you do a scan?They'd be listed in red.
    Or are you seeing things like wwwcoolwebsearch and xxxdialer in the lower left corner when Spybot is scanning,next to running bot-check?

Yeah,what he said.

• "Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
      • xxxxx = Current check count.
      • yyyyy = Total check count.
      • zzzzz = Malware being checked for
    • The zzzzz value is not what is on your system it is the malware that is being scan for.
    [/QUOTE]

case B.

So if I understand correctly, the stuff counting by in the lower left hand corner is NOT what is on my computer, but a list of the stuff spybot is searching for.

btw, my scan comes up clean - nothing in red. I was concerned that the stuff I was seeing inthe lower right hand corner was on my computer and had been de-activated but still clogged memory or something like that.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddude
    So if I understand correctly, the stuff counting by in the lower left hand corner is NOT what is on my computer, but a list of the stuff spybot is searching for.
    Correct!

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.