Thread: immunization lists

Default immunization lists

Hi,

My copy of Spybot works fine so far. I'm just curious about where the immunization lists are kept.
    While some of them are stored in files (e.g. those for Firefox, and the global "hosts") and some are registry entries (those for I.E.), however it is not clear about the list "\SOFTWARE (Plugins)" for I.E.
    It seems to be registry entries somewhere under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", but I can't find the exact location.
    Could someone answer this question ?

Best regards,
    anctop

It always depends on where browsers expect them

For IE, take a look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\, or the similar path on each user profile.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Thank you for your information, but I have already done so before posting this thread.

I learn that the lists "\SOFTWARE (Cookies,Domains,IPs)" are in "P3P\History", "ZoneMap\Domains" and "ZoneMap\Ranges" under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings".

However, I can't find the entries for "\SOFTWARE (Plugins)". Since there is no "Plugins" list for individual users, this should be a global one and should be under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings". Could you indicate the exact location ?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

anctop:

For Windows Internet Explorer the entries for "Plugins" are located here:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility
    See the following article:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Best regards,
    anctop