Thread: Cannot get rid of IE pop ups

Post Cannot get rid of IE pop ups

I must have downloaded some sort Malware that's secretly attached itself somewhere because not any spybot, cclean, symantec antivirus or ad-aware program can remove it. I've done everything except for manually searching for it. But I don't know what to look for so that's not an option. I'm currently using Firefox 3.0.8 and when I first launch it an Internet Explorer pop up comes up and sometimes I'll get a warning from norton antivirus of an interception of some virus. Also I noticed now when I try to go back one page in my browser, it redirects me to some other page other than the one I had before. The popups keep appearing every 15-20 minutes out of no where too. I'm a Mac tech but when it comes to the PC operating system, I have no idea where to look for malicious files. I'm considering wiping my HD to rid myself of this frustrating intrusion of my privacy but I'm hoping to find some help 1st. Any help would be greatly appreciated......Please can someone help :(

Hi ElvisVic,

there's always the possibility to open your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum. If you want to do this, please read the thread "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) from tashi and prepare an HijackThis log file. Then you can open your own thread. Someone will help you there.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt