Thread: Is the WinMo version still being developed?

Thumbs down Is the WinMo version still being developed?

I was wondering if the WinMo version is being still developed as running the latest version has a few issues:

1. When you update, it doesn't update the last updated information.
    2. When you attempt to scan, it pops up with the following error: AdvancedCheck failed, it seems that it can't find SpybotAdv.dll file.

• When you click on OK for the above error, it comes back and states: Advanced check library was not loaded!
    • Reinstall didn't fix the problem, reboot didn't fix the problem and just in case it matters, its installed on the Storage Card.
    So far this killed any further testing or ability to use but I would like to know if this a working development or not, so I know if I should bother wasting any more time on it or just get rid of it.

Thanks in advance.
    [ Lï£ê ï§ å Lêmðñ åñÐ Ì Wåñ† M¥ Mðñê¥ ßå¢k ]
    Major's Blog :: NoScript Forum::

I've recently started collecting a few Windows Mobile problem threads (under this tag), because we want to track that DLL error (which seems to be new to WinMo 6.0/6.1 in some configurations). It does not appear on our handfull of test machines, so it's a bit difficult to track.

That you installed it on the Storage Card might be an important hint, thanks, will test that as well!
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    I've recently started collecting a few Windows Mobile problem threads (under this tag), because we want to track that DLL error (which seems to be new to WinMo 6.0/6.1 in some configurations). It does not appear on our handfull of test machines, so it's a bit difficult to track.

That you installed it on the Storage Card might be an important hint, thanks, will test that as well!
    Not a problem, feel free to hit me up and I will test for you. I have access to a Non-Touch WinMo 6.1 Standard and Touch WinMo 6.1 Professional, both with SD, so let me know when you want to test something. I am a developer so I can help you figure out certain things as necessary, just give me a heads up.

Talking Device Install

I installed the winmo 6.1 version on the storage card and got the same error message, so I thought maybe it needed to be installed on the device....nope, same error message.

I am very interested in this product when it becomes available.

Thanks.

Default Same issues

I also have a Samsung Omnia, and I've tried it both on the internal 8GB storage as well as the Device, and get the same complaint about SpybotAdv.dll. I also confirmed that it is in the dir.

This problem has been reported quite a bit and it seems doubtful that this project is being developed or we would have seen a newer and more functional version. It seems to be either abandoned or not seriously pursued.

Same problem here on Samsung Omnia II with WinMo 6.1.
    Last edited by fuzzy_oz; 2009-12-16 at 23:27.

Hello,

We are sorry.
    Patrick has a look at this item and tries to fix it.
    But our main focus is on Spybot 2.0 at the moment and not on the mobile version.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thumbs down cannot load SpybotAdv.dll

I have a Samsung Code (SCH-i220) running Windows Mobile 6.5 and I get the same error message.

Why do they still have it up in the download section when it doesn't work?

At least take it down so people don't waste their time.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by daves.not.here View Post
    I have a Samsung Code (SCH-i220) running Windows Mobile 6.5 and I get the same error message.

Why do they still have it up in the download section when it doesn't work?

At least take it down so people don't waste their time.

Dave
    First, don't double post, its just rude. Second, you are right, they should have removed it long ago and they haven't or fixed it. They are either busy or just don't feel like it.