Thread: Trying to download

Default Trying to download

Hello,

I am having a random issue with some kind of virus thing on my computer. I am trying to download the spybot Search and Destroy and my computer isn't allowing me access to the web site. (www.safer-networking.org) I have tried it on other people's computers and it works fine. I can't even get to it through Firefox or internet explorer. Secondly I was finally able to download the application through download.com, but once it tries to download I get an error because it has to go through the safer-networking.org web site.

Another issue I am having is when I google something. If i type in bestbuy in the google bar i get what you would expect. When i click on it, however, i don't get what you expect. I get the jumping web browser thing and it takes me to some random web page, not bestbuy.com like i clicked on. Now on occasion it will take to where I want to go, but the best way to get there is by opening a new tab. very strange!!!

Finally everytime I turn off my computer, restart or shutdown, my firewall gets turned off. Even if I manually turn it back on.

I have run Sophos anti-virus, AVG spyware and CCleaner multiple times. I have also run AVG and Sophos in Safe Mode.

Any help would be awesome.

Hi ritichi,

to Safer Networking Forums.

Please read the thread "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) from tashi carefully, follow these directions. Especially, create an Hijackthis log.

Now you can open your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum, were someone will help you as soon as possible.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Thank you for your help.