Thread: Problem Shredding Files

Default Problem Shredding Files

I've yet to find a way to shred files in Spybot S&D. I can drag and drop files outside the program, from Explorer, but can't put them into the shredder. Is there a trick to it?

Thanks,
    Bahb22

Quote Originally Posted by bahb22 View Post
    I've yet to find a way to shred files in Spybot S&D. I can drag and drop files outside the program, from Explorer, but can't put them into the shredder. Is there a trick to it?

Thanks,
    Bahb22
    Quote Originally Posted by bahb22 View Post

Thanks,
    Bahb22
    Hi there,

I'm not a Spybot helper so please treat what I say with caution
    (see http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Malware Removal: only people with the following titles above their avatar may assist members.

MRU Helper, Security Team, Security Warrior, Security Expert, Developer, Team Spybot.")

I am not sure if I am breaking any rules by responding to you, but the above link(I think) talks about "malware removal" so I think I am ok.

I sincerely apologize and stand to be corrected by Team Spybot if I am incorrect.....

Anyway in answer to your query, when you have the "Spybot-S&D's secure shredder" in front of you(presumably you have?), have you tried going "Add file(s) to the list" ?

Not sure if you can drag files or not but you can certainly locate them by browsing your explorer type tree structure for the files you want to shred before adding them to the list.

Then (I think but may be wrong) you go "Chop it anyway !" to shred the files in your list.

Thanks for trying to help but I should have been clear that I'm not trying to delete Malware. I'm just wanting to shred a Ms Word document I don't want retrievable from my hard drive. Because of the many places WindowsXP Pro stores such files, I was in hopes that dragging and dropping a certain file would insure it wouldn't crop up some other place. I probably should have cut and pasted it, from Explorer. I'll try that now.

thanks,
    Bahb22