Thread: Rip Off?

Default Rip Off?

http://spybot.search-destroy2009.com/1/index.asp?aff=103&camp=gg_spybot_us&se=google

Ran across this website while trying to link a friend to Spybot. Sent them that instead by accident, and figured I should notify someone of it. Methinks it may be running copyright laws over? They use the logo, name and whatnot...

Sorry if it's a silly thing. ^^ I really love Spybot S&D, and don't want sites like that giving it a bad name.
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-04-30 at 06:25. Reason: Disabled link

Team Spybot is well aware of fake companies attempting to pose as the legitimate one. If you have Spybot installed and Immunized, you should be protected from the fake/rogue sites.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ht=fake+spybot
    -

Thanks. Only reason I put this up, is because it came up top choice on Google, when I searched for 'Spybot Search & Destroy'.

That is fine. Thanks again for the contribution. Team Spybot already knows about this threat.

Have a good day .

If you run the Google search mentioned above you will see that the rogue websites appear in the "Sponsored Link" areas (top and right-side) of the search results.

These are bought and paid for results - and not the normal filtered Google results. I generally ignore these "Sponsored Link" results as they tend to be far less reliable and can be scams.