Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crash on Install

Default Crash on Install

I am trying to install 1.6.2 on a Vista machine. After the file unpacks the computer crashes showing the BSOD. I read the earlier posts that dealt with issues of Spybot crashing while running but could find no reference to this problem during an install. Anyway I followed the advice and made sure I have good ventilation, the fans are working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Mark

Hi malewine,

let's try this: can you install Spybot in safe mode?
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

I tried installing in safe mode, however during the install, the program seems to be trying to download something because I get an error.."Error sending request" "The servername or address could not be resolved" Since the internet doesn't work in safe mode the install isn't either?

Thanks
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Boot into "Safe Mode with Networking." That should solve the problem.

OK, I've booted into safe mode with networking and tried the install. Still crashed with the BSOD. Here is the error if it helps.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000008e
    BCP1: C0000005
    BCP2: 8208E930
    BCP3: 8CD603BC
    BCP4: 00000000
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini051009-02.dmp
    C:\Users\Daddy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-97485-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Daddy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC87C.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

Thanks
    Mark

Hi Mark,

Is that the only time you get the BSOD is when trying to install SBS&D?

Most of what I've been able to glean is that it may be a hardware issue (out dated drivers) or a RAM issue. Running a RAM check sometimes shows it's OK when it's not. The only way to really check is to take out one of the modules (making sure the computer is unplugged before you do anything) and swap it with another one. Also, it may be a worm.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried disabling your firewall and antivirus?

You've got a minidump file which will help track down what's going on, but I'm not an expert on reading minidump files.

I have the same problem. Initially i was not able to access www.safe-networking.com because of a virus i have called DOWNOADUP something like that. But i went into my hosts file in system32/drivers/etc and added the ip address. Now i can access the site and upon installing spybot, it interrupts and my screen turns blue with a bunch of white text and it says preparing to dump physical memory...something of the sort im not too tech savy but you get the point. then my computer restarts.

i need to get rid of this virus/trojan i have. it keeps redirecting me to random sites on IE and Mozilla. from what i read around its called downadup and spybot is the way to get rid of it but i cant even install it.

I tried installing it in safe mode with networking and i still have the same problem.

can anyone point me in the right direction please? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samatalla View Post
    I have the same problem. Initially i was not able to access www.safe-networking.com because of a virus i have called DOWNOADUP something like that. But i went into my hosts file in system32/drivers/etc and added the ip address. Now i can access the site and upon installing spybot, it interrupts and my screen turns blue with a bunch of white text and it says preparing to dump physical memory...something of the sort im not too tech savy but you get the point. then my computer restarts.

i need to get rid of this virus/trojan i have. it keeps redirecting me to random sites on IE and Mozilla. from what i read around its called downadup and spybot is the way to get rid of it but i cant even install it.

I tried installing it in safe mode with networking and i still have the same problem.

oh and by the way, under technical information it said:

***STOP 0x0000008E (0x81CC0E84, 0x0000000, 0x95D9D39C)

preparing for physical memory dump..
    preparing for crash dump...

Blue screen . Proceeds to reboot. Happens randomly sometimes, but mostly when I try to install Spybot (toward the end of installation when the bar is full)

Quote Originally Posted by samatalla View Post

You can ask for help in malware removal.
    The procedures to follow are here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    Malware removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Quote Originally Posted by jpChris View Post
    Hi Mark,

Boot into "Safe Mode with Networking." That should solve the problem.
    Instead of booting into safe mode with networking,people could make sure "download updates immediately" isn't checkmarked on the select components screen when installing Spybot in safe mode,then download updates after they're out of safe mode.