Thread: I can't get updates

Unhappy I can't get updates

When I attempt to use the "Search for Updates" feature it gives me this message: Error retrievind update info file!
    Socket Error # 11004

Help me please.

Hi there.

Do you have a firewall installed and if so have you authorized SpybotSD.exe to access the internet?

If you sitting behind a proxy server:
    Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings. About 2/3 of the way down the option tree there is a category "Web update". Check the last item in the list "Use proxy to connect to update server". A pop-up will come up were you can enter the information required.

If you have a firewall:
    Reauthorize SpybotSD.exe to access the internet within your firewall. If you have a firewall and are not sure if that is the cause of the problem, you could (for a short period) disable the firewall and see if the updates work properly.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Question new user - please help

Hello SpyBot Team,
    I have just installed your software 1.4 on my home computer. When I attempt to scan for problems I get an error message. It instructs me to get Detetion updates before I can scan. I thought the download would be ready to install and run.

The problem is that my internet connection has been taken over by the the badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com problem, so I can not get any updates. Is there any way to just use the version 1.4 that I downloaded. I have read that your software is able to get rid of this adware demon.

Thanks for any help,
    Cowboy

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

cowboy:

Whatever method that you use to download the spybotsd14.exe file to install Spybot-S&D 1.4, use to download the following manual update file (spybotsd_includes.exe).

As an alternative to using Spybot’s integrated update facility you can download and execute the manual updates from here:

The item (currently) is:
    • Detection updates 2005-11-18 - product description
      md5: 975F816A5CD25127AE100818ABD554C6

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

• The direct download link (usually remains the same for all updates) is:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Smile Thank you

Thanks for the help.

I will get that update file. I have to burn CDs on another computer to load onto my home computer since it is completely blocked from the internet.

Thanks,
    Cowboy

cowboy:

The spybotsd_includes.exe file is currently 1.09 MB, so a floppy is an alternative if both PCs have a floppy drive.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Whenever I try to get updates I get can't. I get a message that says "bad checksum!" or something of that nature.

What's the problem?

bluto8:

"Bad Checksum" problems are usually caused by overloaded download servers. For a workaround please see:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...45&postcount=2

Unhappy Help - badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com

Hello Spybot Team,
    I have downloaded and run your software because it was reported to fix the badurl problem. When I bring up my web browser it is blank and in the progress bar it flashes with "badurl.grandstreetinteractive.com. I have run the software (v1.4) and I still have the same problem.

If anyone can help I would be greatful.
    Cowboy

cowboy:

I suggest that you consider posting in the Malware Removal forum and see if they can help you get rid of the problem.

Follow the instructions here:

Then post in the following forum: