Thread: SpyBot and NOD32 Conflict

Default SpyBot and NOD32 Conflict

Running SpyBot 1.6.2 and NOD32 V 2.7 on a well maintained Win98SE installation connected to the internet through a NAT cable router. Using Firefox 2.2. The system has worked well for many years and this is the only current problem I'm having.

Several months ago I started getting page fault errors running a NOD32 On Demand scans.

I get the following message:

NOD32 caused an invalid page fault in
    module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff87ede.

I traced the problem down to a conflict with SpyBot 1.6.2. When Nod32 V 2.7 hit the SpyBot folder running an On Demand scan it would error out. Same thing when just scanning the SpyBot folder by itself.

SpyBot ran fine by itself. I didn't have Teatimer or Immuniztion activated. When I uninstalled SpyBot the problem went away.

Last night I downloaded a fresh copy of SpyBot 1.6.2 from the Safer Network website. The NOD32 full time scanner caused almost the same page fault error when it automatically scanned the SpyBot installation file at the end of the download.

I just ran an On Demand scan on the SpyBot installation file spybotsd162.exe and got the same error.

Chas.
    Last edited by verktyg; 2009-07-08 at 23:29.

Default almost same trouble

To not duplicate threads ask here.

Had almost the same trouble.
    Nod32 2.7
    Outpost Firewall 4
    Spybot 1.6. (with all updates)

Sometimes system stop replying after boot. Nothing works except RESET button.
    Installed demo of Eset Antivirus, version 4.
    Today had the same.

What could I do?

P.S. Outpost spyware check disabled.