Thread: Auto Features/scheduler - Heeeeelp!

Default Auto Features/scheduler - Heeeeelp!

How do I configure Spybot correctly
    to ‘AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOUPDATE/AUTOIMMUNIZE/AUTOCLOSE? I’m almost there but not quite. Don’t have any problem with ‘AUTOCHECK’ but the rest does not seem to be working. I’ve tried two different configurations in MS TASK MGR., the first is: ‘Run’, "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOUPDATE/AUTOIMMUNIZE/AUTOCLOSE; ‘Start In, "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY". With this configuration Spybot does the ‘AUTOCHECK’ but when it get’s done it opens the main Spybot Search & Destroy window and just stays there, there’s no auto fix, update, immunize or close visible which I assume would be; the program’s just there as if I opened it manually.

The second configuration I tried to se if I could get the AUTOPDATE and AUTOIMMUNIZE by itself: ‘Run’, "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Update.exe" /AUTOIMMUNIZE; ‘‘Start In’, C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1. AUTOUPDATE. This sends a quick flashing MS DOS screen saying there’s no update available but still no auto immunize, just the program screen; in this case I expected no AUTOCLOSE because I didn’t enter a command line for it, it was just for testing purposes.

I would like to get all 5 auto features into one ‘task’ but I’m stymied. I did not change any settings within the program or in Configuration.ini.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Try adding the following parameter:
    • /TASKBARHIDE

And separating these parameters:
    • /AUTOUPDATE/AUTOIMMUNIZE/AUTOCLOSE

Example:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE /TASKBARHIDE
    Please note that using /AUTOUPDATE with /AUTOFIX can leave susceptible false positives.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Your help is appreciated, all seems to work now, I think, as I’m unable to see anything on the screen when I test except for a small program screen for the AUTOCHECK function; found there was an update available by checking manually and then ran AUTOUPDATE, program ran its course and when done I checked back and the update was no longer available; I assume it got picked up when I ran AUTOUPDATE. Based on your comment I separated the two programs to run at different times, albeit on the same day; will that satisfy your cautionary comment or do I need to run them at different days? The first program closes when done although it doesn’t restart the machine; is that what is needed?

RUN, "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK /AUTOFIX /AUTOCLOSE /TASKBARHIDE

START IN, "C:\PROGRAM FILES\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY"

RUN, "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOUPDATE /AUTOIMMUNIZE /AUTOCLOSE /TASKBARHIDE

START IN, "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy"