Quote Originally Posted by m00nbl00d View Post
Reality is, this thread was started at 2009-08-02. More than a year ago. I'm sure the news about version 2.0 came before this.

So, does it take more than a year to release a beta version? And, Safer Networking is expecting to release a version without as many bugs as possible. How are they expecting this without the help users, who have different systems, applications, etc, so that version 2.0 comes better beta after beta?

I simply don't get how it doesn't even come out of alpha. And, if after all this time not even a beta, then when will the final release come out? Two years from now, with good luck?
I think you make a valid point. I think that even a public Alpha would be commendable and help speed the development of the program. It is understandable to want to release a high-quality product with no bugs, but releasing it with the Beta tag represents that there are some bugs left and it is not completely reflective of the final product.

I guess different companies hold different philosophies, but I do think holding off for so long on a release of an innovative industry just causes a great program to disappear and fall off the face of the industry. By one or two years time from now nobody will know what this program even is because it becomes outdated... There might even be better alternatives.

I say that a public beta released in the next few months at least with a known issues list. This is just my opinion though.

Kudos to the Safer Networking Team for working hard though. Here's to a great new year