Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Default Answer to my e-mail received.

Thanks for sending me an electronic birthday card.

What is the relevance of this program of yours? As of Today?

I will not even bother trying this ancient program ever again.

Good Luck with the next version of it, anyway!

Lightbulb

The relevance is its unparalleled immunization feature

Red face

I am more into restabilizing my machine's O.S. than a so-called immunization from Hacker-made malware program. Besides, theses malwares are immune to firewalls, antiviruses and, any possible immunization programs like Spybot S&D.

Tune-up programs will fix anything the internet can send to your machine, anytime, anyday. They will then, reconstitute the image of Windows installation and its registry in no time flat.

Hello,

I would suggest to open a new thread as this is "off topic".
    This topic is Spybot 2.0.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Luc J. Patenaude View Post
    I am more into restabilizing my machine's O.S. than a so-called immunization from Hacker-made malware program. Besides, theses malwares are immune to firewalls, antiviruses and, any possible immunization programs like Spybot S&D.

Tune-up programs will fix anything the internet can send to your machine, anytime, anyday. They will then, reconstitute the image of Windows installation and its registry in no time flat.
    Immunization prevents many avenues of malware installation from being used at all, by blocking certain websites or specific URLs (and in the case of IE, sending them to the Restricted zone), blacklisting plugins, and adding ActiveX killbits

I'll admit that it won't remove any malware that's already there, but it has the potential benefit of keeping some malware from "phoning home" if, say, its update site is redirected to 127.0.0.1 in the HOSTS file.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lewisje View Post
    According to the developer of Safari AdBlock, Safari 5 (available for Windows XP and later) is able to block content: http://safariadblock.com/
    Whatever mechanism is exploited by this extension might be put to use by the Immunization feature in Spybot 2.0 (or at worst it might only be usable by those with AdBlock installed, by adding a custom filter subscription...which might also be a good idea to make available for the AdBlock extensions for Chrome and Firefox and lesser-known browsers).
    Chrome is now also able to actually block content, although the developer of Chrome AdBlock (who is also the creator of Safari AdBlock) says it doesn't work all that well...

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

I would suggest to open a new thread as this is "off topic".
    This topic is Spybot 2.0.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Exclamation

The point is that this means that it will in fact be possible to immunize both Safari and Chrome, if the developers wish to take the time necessary to implement it in Spybot 2.0

This has been addressed on page 7 of this thread.
    Hello Lorenzo,

Chrome has no mechanisms for immunization, but there will be a plugin for live-blocking.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Lightbulb That was then, this is now.

This has been addressed on page 7 of this thread.
    Back then it wasn't possible to block content in Chrome; now according to the developer of the Chrome AdBlock extension, it is: https://chrome.google.com/extensions...namgkkbiglidom

Check out the development of this remarkable new feature: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/is...etail?id=35897

Chrome development goes fast; by the time a beta gets pushed out you might be able to fully immunize rather than use a plugin to do the browser's job for you.