Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Spybot 2.0 ????

Quote Originally Posted by control View Post
    He meant Feb 2012 ...
    You really know how to trick someone.

Can someone with valid information please inform us of the current completion percentage of Spybot 2.0? or a Rough release date perhaps?

Regards,
    Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Can someone with valid information please inform us of the current completion percentage of Spybot 2.0? or a Rough release date perhaps?

Regards,
    Hellion
    It was in the alpha stage but no news has been given since. We have been waiting for beta 1 for a very long time.

Could Safer Networking share more news on Spybot 2.0 development? And, please no comments like "Oh, it's going OK", etc.

Why this delay to release a beta version? As I previously mentioned, this thread started in 2009. I heard of 2.0 version sometime before this thread was started and we're now in 2011. Does it really take 2 years to release a beta version?

You do realize that, if and when, Spybot 2.0 comes out and it turns out is no match for Malwarebytes or SUPERAntispyware in terms of malware detection and cleaning/protection, it will be Spybot's death?

Because, to take all this time, it better overwhelm competition. That's my honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by m00nbl00d View Post
    Does it really take 2 years to release a beta version?
    Maybe Spybot 2.0 is already dead?

Maybe Spybot 2.0 is already dead?
    They should at least tell us whether or not Spybot 2.0 is dead. Then all these "feelings" inside my body would've been gone... I have a special feeling for this software, it's my favorite software of all time. I've loved this software since I was a child. I've grown up with it. It has cleaned tons of malicious stuff, and has therefore helped me a lot.

Anyway, it has been released a service pack for Windows 7 recently. Maybe Spybot have some troubles with that and have to update it(bug-fix-release), which contains some huge improvements in detection and cleaning? Maybe it will be almost as a new program?

(One of the staff member in Spybot, please answer this question: How is it going with Spybot 2.0? What will be improved in the release?)

Oh, yeah.. I understand. Thanks alot, mate!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    One of the staff member in Spybot, please answer this question: How is it going with Spybot 2.0? What will be improved in the release?

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    They should at least tell us whether or not Spybot 2.0 is dead. Then all these "feelings" inside my body would've been gone... I have a special feeling for this software, it's my favorite software of all time. I've loved this software since I was a child. I've grown up with it. It has cleaned tons of malicious stuff, and has therefore helped me a lot.

Anyway, it has been released a service pack for Windows 7 recently. Maybe Spybot have some troubles with that and have to update it(bug-fix-release), which contains some huge improvements in detection and cleaning? Maybe it will be almost as a new program?

(One of the staff member in Spybot, please answer this question: How is it going with Spybot 2.0? What will be improved in the release?)
    There will be no Spybot 2.0. They have just been joking about that. The real target is to beat the all time world record for the longest-life of a single release. Now with over 2 years with the version 1.6.2 Spybot will be listen in the 2011 Guinness book of world records.