Thread: couple of questions about spybot

Default couple of questions about spybot

hello everybody,

ok I have two questions:

1. I'm using spybot search & destroy alongg with malwayrebytes, bitdefender and zone alarm security. at first sight there is no problem but i would like to hear others opinions if there can be any conflict.

2. is it possible to make spybot portable using CAMEYO?

NEVER use two antivirus software together. I am not sure if you have the pro version of Malwarebytes or not, however, if so, you should choose between one of your antivirus solution and Spybot or Malwarebytes Pro.

Does that also apply to Spybot and TrendMicro?

Spybot is not an antivirus suite. Trend Micro, on the other hand, is an antivirus suite. There are some known issues using Trend Micro and Spybot together, but if any problems occur, please open a new thread and ask for help. If you search the forum, you will find a thread which is answering your problems.

Hello,

There should not be any problems with the compatibility.
    If some parts would conflict, just those parts could be disabled.

That's the way to to disable the resident feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy: run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the check boxes in front of the two tools.

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
    So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other misses.
    Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot