Thread: Spybots starts at program start

Angry Spybots starts at program start

I got hit by a bunch of stuff from "Gaming Harbor" a couple of weeks ago. They loaded me with over 700 adware trojans. I ran malwarebytes quick scan which eliminated a bunch of them, then ran spybots, which found some more.
    I have been unable to uninstall gaming harbor from my add & remove programs.

Since that time, when I start my computer, after I login, it goes to a blank screen, after 1-2 minutes, spybots starts to load. I X it out, cannot turn off at the computer, have to switch off the converter box.
    Then, I start it up again, login, then it opens to my desktop.

A couple of times, I let spybots run its course, but it didn't find anything.

This is not only annoying, but I'm scared to death the next time, it won't open my desktop at all. Any suggestions? I've checked all my settings at spybot, don't see anything that would cause it to start at program start.

Thanks, driftwoodkat

Hello,

Open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'
    Then mark the following entry and remove it: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck

If this does not help maybe this is due to the message during the scan "It is recommended that you reboot and scan again to find items that may be uncovered only after a reboot."

Please download a new SpybotSD.exe file here.

Also download a new advcheck.dll here.

Replace it with the files in your Spybot program folder. If the files are hidden, make them visible:

* Using Windows Explorer navagate to:
    o C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    * In the Tools menu select Folder Options…
    * In the Folder Options dialog select the View tab.
    * Uncheck the following option:
    o Hide protected operating system file (Recommended)
    * Click the Apply button.
    * Click the OK button.
    * The files should now be displayed

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot