Thread: Please help !

Default Please help !

Hi all.
    Weird problem...Never had problems with Spybot.Yesterday during a scan (and no other programs running) my computer suddenly were shut down.Tried a couple of times,and it always shut down when i came to smitfraud C. Did alot of surfing, cleaned the cooling fan, but it happened every time. I started up i safe mode, and there was no problem running spybot. It found no immediate threats, nor did AdAware or avg free. Then I started up i normal mode.During the scan in spybot, it now came past the smitfraud C, but now it shut down the computer when it came to c2.lop.... What can this be? Every thing else seems normal, but it shuts down the computer during the spybot scan, and the same thing happened during a windows defender scan. I have done all updates. English is not my mother tongue, so forgive my bad english...Any help would be very much apreciated, I want to feel safe...

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman
    … but it shuts down the computer during the spybot scan, and the same thing happened during a windows defender scan.
    What can this be?
    Since the PC is actually shutting down as opposed to logically hanging, there is a good probability that PC may be shutting down due to an overheating problem in spite of the fact that you:

… cleaned the cooling fan …
    It may be time to open the case of the PC and clean out any dust that may have accumulated. See post # 2 of the following thread:

Also tashi found and published a good tutorial about cleaning the inside of you computer in post #2 if this thread:

The actual tutorial is:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.