Thread: Virus Scan 2010 looks removed.Help

Default Virus Scan 2010 looks removed.Help

First timer and Thank you for your time !

I had this miserable virus called Virus scan 2010. I had to re-boot 7 times before I can bypass the pop up which asked to scan with it. I desperately followed some online instruction, downloaded CoboFix & run DDS and root repeal. I did not know this was to be done with a supervision until later but like I said I was desperate and clueless. My computer runs much better !! but I don't know the next step. I now see this Windows security alert shield that pops up and still on the tray. not sure if I have removed it all or if there is a trace of it. I don't have a virus scan now as I am trying to connect to my wireless providers security sute but want to make sure all is cleaned before I do or buy one.

Also another question: I have a second laptop which I believe is also infected but I shut it down 2 days while I worked on this. Can the wireless connection transmit virus as a network?

Thanks

Emeritus-Security Expert

Hello RahRah

Welcome to Safer Networking.

Please read Before You Post
    That said, All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
    While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.

Also another question: I have a second laptop which I believe is also infected but I shut it down 2 days while I worked on this. Can the wireless connection transmit virus as a network?
    Yes it can, we can only work with one computer at a time so keep the laptop offline and when were done here we can close this topic and you can post for the other one.

C:\ComboFix.txt <--Go here and copy and paste the log into this thread
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new HijackThis log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.