Thread: Lost my SpyBot, Cant download new

Default Lost my SpyBot, Cant download new

OK..Ima start at the beginning. I have a 2nd hand comp...FULL of crap. Pentium (OLD) running Windows 98SE. This comp had Spy Bot on it when I got it..was on my desktop. It is no longer on my desk top. Searching thru my comp I found it in a Plug in file. I tried opening it but the file is empty. I have tried to download a new edition of SpyBot Search n Destroy but recieve error message " The server name or address could not be resolved " I get this message after downloading/saving the file to my computer (from this site). I have CCleaner and AVG on my cmputer...CCleaner tidies up my files after I browse the internet...AVG wont do anything after it scans. Im assuming i have nothing at all on my cmp for an anti virus protection. Please can somebody help me with my problem. Im a novice (im being generous there) with computers. Thank You soo much...just wanted to add that when I start thru the installation of the new SpyBot it says there is already a file for SpyBot.
    Last edited by LadyA; 2009-09-18 at 01:24.

Hello,

During the installation Spybot tries to download the updates.
    You can disable this function in the wizard itself.
    Just untick the checkbox in front of "download updates during installation" or "Download Updates immediately".
    The updates can be downloaded later on.

For more information on updating please have a look at this link on our website.
    You can also download the updates manually.
    Here is the direct download link.
    Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hey SpybotSandra,
    Thank you. I will try that out tonight.

...working beautifully! TY. Any tips on how to remove the sloooow(20mins) start up of computer? Had Registry Mechanic installed on it..I have removed any key related to registry mechanic but still the sloooow start up remains.

Hello,

Probably you have too many programs at startup?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot