Thread: How to undeny previously denied

Default How to undeny previously denied

My Mom has denied an action by mistake and would like to know how to reverse that. I have been using Spybot for a long time and would would like to know as well.
    The action she has denied must not give up trying because she is getting alerts (pop-ups) all the time.

Hope somebody can help!

Thanks

Sanitylost

What do the alerts say?Are they something like this...'Resident denied the change of (fill in the blank here)based on your black list.'?
    Or does it ask her to Allow or Deny the change each time?

Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi there, i selected settings and i could not make sense of any of it. Can you post screen shots and show me step by step what you mean?

Ok, so i downloaded 1.4. several problems occured:

When i am installing 1.4, several files are deemed "read only" and wont let the installer update them

When i am running it for the first time, the program asked me to create a backup registry, which it cannot create or some sort of error occured.

There is the "hidden button" problem too (the buttons are halfway buried)

AND it is still asking me whether i want to allownthe deletion of ccApp and Norton toolbar, except i uninstalled both many months ago.

PLEASE HELP.