Thread: remove detections after restart scan?

Angry remove detections after restart scan?

If S&D wants to scan and restart and it finds issues it puts you back to the main S&D window. If you click check for problems it runs the whole scan again.

How do you make it show you what it has already found???

TIA

Could you explain further about Spybot restarting?Is it asking you if you would like to run a scan on the next system startup after a scan,or is it just restarting?Are you prompted by it in any way when that happens?

Default sorry for the late reply

When spybot encounters issues that can't be fixed and require restart it asks to run scan upon reboot.

When the reboot happens S&D finds the issues and at the bottom of the window shows it found x threats but it doesn't take you to the removal screen and it is apparently impossible to go to the removal screen without clicking the scan button and letting it do the entire scan over again...

How do you get to see the threats found after the first automatic scan upon reboot?

TIA

I can see the removal screen after a runonce automatic scan on startup,but my scan was one I setup manually.

When Spybot can't remove something,it adds a runonce startup entry to autocheck on startup,and also adds a startup entry or entries like this(just for an example,yours would be different,depending on what Spybot is deleting):SpybotDeletingB7667 "command /c del "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SENDKEY.DLL_tobedeleted"" to remove what it wanted to on startup.
    This is just a guess because I've never saw it myself,but maybe the SpybotDeletingB7667 are automatic,and don't show on the Results screen?
    I'm not at all sure on that,though.

You could open Spybot,click Mode->Advanced Mode->Tools->View Report,then click View Previous Report,find the Fixes log from the date of when the Automatic Scan took place,and doubleclick it to view what was found and fixed,and see if the info you want is there.

Were you just asking from when this happened in the past,or do you have an ongoing problem where Spybot is running a scan on boot,but the same problems are found on your next Spybot scan?