Thread: How to Move Spybot Folders in User Profile

Default How to Move Spybot Folders in User Profile

Is there not a way to move the backup, recovery, logs, etc... folders that are located in <alluserprofile>\Application Data\Spybot - Search and Destroy\ to another folder of your choice? I did this with a previous version, but now I've upgraded to v1.6.2. I cannot find a registry entry, ini file or anything that will let me move my Spybot "profile" in WinXP Pro SP3?

Googling this has come up empty handed for me. Help? LOL!

Cheers,
    Jody Thornton
    (Hamilton, Ontario)

Hello,

If you want to copy the settings to other computers, first of all, please install Spybot-S&D on your admin account and adjust your settings. Then copy the "configuration ini". It depends on your windows version, where to find it.
    Windows 95/98: C:\Windows\Applicationfile\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    Windows ME: C:\Windows\All Users\Applicationfile\Spybot - Search & Destroy
    Windows NT/2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Applicationfile\Spybot - Search & Destroy.

Now go to the Spybot-S&D program directory, you will find this at: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy, and delete the "(default) configuration.ini". Then insert the copied "configuration.ini" and rename it in "(default) configuration.ini". If you now start Spybot-S&D from the different user accounts, the program generates the "Configuration.ini" for each user from the "(default) configuration.ini".

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot