Thread: firefox question

Default firefox question

Hi all and I hope you can answer my question. Taking your advise in the past I have switched my brouser to firefox but recently I have noticed every time I immunize in spy bot the immunization is gone in the firefox area. This happens every time I immunize, start up firefox, close firefox and fire up spy bot. Also per your recommendation I have installed spyware blaster and it's the same. Everything is coverd except firefox for some reason. Is there a setting in firefox that I am missing? This might have something to do with the last version of firefox maybe? I also use spy sweeper and have had issues with that and spy bot but not spyware blaster. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,
    Read this thread if you didn't: Various reasons for incomplete immunization
    Thread which is possibly related to this issue: Immunization Settings for Firefox Lost Every Time Browser Opened

Cool

Hi and thanks for the quick turn around. Well I read the post and it looks that either I am careful where I tread from now till an update of firefox or go to IE for the time being. Not that I am careless mind you. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue View Post
    Hi and thanks for the quick turn around. Well I read the post and it looks that either I am careful where I tread from now till an update of firefox or go to IE for the time being. Not that I am careless mind you. Thanks again.
    If you uncheck Site Preferences in both locations to protect them from deletion, then you will retain the immunizations from Spybot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster. It's doubtful that other local users would notice, if that's what you are worried about. I'm using Firefox 3.5.3, and retain the full immunizations provided by both programs, even when clearing all other history.

I have one windows profile that is set to Private Browsing in Firefox, and the immunizations are intact there also.