Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.
- How did I get infected in the first place ?
Read these links and find out how to prevent getting infected again.
- Tutorial for System Restore <-- Do this first to prevent yourself from being reinfected.
- Grinler BleepingComputer
- GeeksTo Go
Keep in mind if you install some of these programs. Only ONE Anti Virus and only ONE Firewall is recommended, more is overkill and can cause you problems. You can install all the Spyware programs I have listed without any problems. If you install Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard, they will conflict with the TeaTimer in Spybot , you can still install Spybot Search and Destroy but do not enable the TeaTimer .
Here are some free programs to install, all free and highly regarded by the fine people in the Malware Removal Community
- Spybot Search and Destroy 1.6
Check for Updates/ Immunize and run a Full System Scan on a regular basis. If you install Spyware Blaster ( Recommended ) then do not enable the TeaTimer in Spybot Search and Destroy.
- Spyware Blaster It will prevent most spyware from ever being installed. No scan to run, just update about once a week and enable all protection.
- Spyware Guard It offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts, again, no scan to run, just install it and let it do its thing.
IE-Spyad places over 6000 web sites and domains in the IE Restricted list which will severely impair attempts to infect your system. It basically prevents any downloads (cookies etc) from the sites listed, although you will still be able to connect to the sites.
- Firefox 3 It has more features and is a lot more secure than IE. It is a very easy and painless download and install, it will no way interfere with IE, you can use them both.