Thread: Alexa Adware removal Advice

Default Alexa Adware removal Advice

I have a problem with Alexa Adware, that is reoccuring. It comes back everytime I restore my computer.

This Adware component, can be detected with both adaware Se, and Spybot Search and Destroy.

I have an emachines W2925 PC, That came with a restore DVD, in event of system failure, I'd be able to restore my operating system back to the way it was when it left the factory.

I've tried everything, to get rid of this adware Alexa. I've deleted, and wiped out my entire windows partition, Deleted the entire registry, Scanned with spybot search and Destroy and Adaware to remove it, and Then restored my OS With my emachines restore DVD.

Albeit my best attempt to rid my system of this, it has returned once again after I restored my OS, installed Adaware, and Spybot, Then run a system scan.

Can anyone tell me why this keeps returning, even after I've wiped out my entire windows partition, Scanned and removed the Adware, Deleted my entire Registry, and have done a system restore?

Thanks if you can let me know, and may tell me how I can get this off my system for good, Thank You

The answer is very simple : Alexa is bundled by
    default with Internet Explorer 6.

Greetz, Red.

Oeps, sorry for my post:blush: This is the malware forum

Greetz, Red.

Actually I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it in the Malware forum

You said it was bundled in internet explorer 6 by default, is this really true? If it is, that would explain why It kept reappearing after a complete wipe of the OS, and restore.

Why would microsoft bundle adware with thier product or Internet explorer? I don't get it . I hope someone could explain why they do this. Thank You

I Googled a little bit, and what came up I hope this will explain it to you

Greetz, Red.

P.S. I hope you will do a good word to Tashi for me, so that she won't ban me for replying to you in this forum ( Because I am not allowed to do that ).

Sorry Tashi sweety, I won't do it again :blush:

Moved topic from the malware forum. :p
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016