Thread: Spybot's setting window doesnt open

Default Spybot's setting window doesnt open

i have this problem with spybot i cant see the settings window when i type in Run "SDMain.exe" or click spybot from startmenu or double click its icon in taskbar or choose "run spybot s&d" from its right click menu. It starts scanning everytime i try to run spybot. if i abort the scan the settings window opens for 1 second and then closes

how can i get spybot to open it settings window?

and i am not getting the popups telling me abt changes in registry too

i have reinstalled evrything on my laptop 2days ago cuz i had problems with my system which i couldnt resolve. spybot was working fine until this morning i had updated it last night. i clicked on its icon cuz i wanted see my settings and back them up but it started scanning and i didnt see the settings page.

currently i am running winxp sp2, comodo firewall, g-data antivirus, superantispyware (optional use only not using it in realtime protection) sponsered adblocker (sorry but i hate ads).......and i guess there isnt any other program worth mentioning which may cause spybot to have problems.......i only have realplayer, aim, audacity and stuff like tht.

Could you follow here to show hidden files and folders?:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...l62.html#winxp

Then go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy and doubleclick the configuration.ini file you see in that folder,which should open in notepad.Go to edit,select all,then go back to Edit,select Copy,then paste it here.