Thread: Antivirus System Pro Alert - Zone Alarm Sucks

Default Antivirus System Pro Alert - Zone Alarm Sucks

I clicked on the wrong spot in a spoof web site. My computer was immediately taken over by this trojan. I swiftly began to lose control of my computer. I was able to run zone alarm antivirus. It found 22 bad things. Most of these, zone alarm said it could do nothing about. I tried to bring up spybot and the trojan just bragged that it had blocked spybot.

I went to hijack this and stopped some suscpicious looking stuff that was listed. I then rebooted. I was now able to run spybot. BTW I had immediately pulled my ethernet connection. Spybot found a bunch of infections and put green check marks on them all. I then rebooted and Spybot had the brilliance to not allow my computer to completely boot up before running another scan and finding yet another infection. I then rebooted.

My computer returned to my control. I was still suscpicious. I plugged in my ethernet long enough to download the latest updates to spybot. I then went through two more scans and reboots where new infections were found.

Finally my computer shows itself being clean with no trouble. I then brought up spybot and went to help. I used paypal to contribute $25.00. It was a bargain.

I had been paying good money to zone alarm for my subscription. It did not protect me from this infection and it could not cure it. They suck

Now, where do I go to get a decent antivirus program?

Michael

You can read this thread which discusses anti-virus programs:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9289