Thread: Problem with Spybot and IE8 in Windows 7

Default Problem with Spybot and IE8 in Windows 7

So I just installed a Fresh copy of Win 7 x64 RTM, and after I installed spybot, IE8 has developed a problem where it wont load links opened in new tab or new window. A blank window or blank tab will open, and logo will keep spinning and spinning, and it will never load. Also, the address bar stays blank/grayed out. Upon pressing "Stop" button, the address bar will populate with the URL, and pressing refresh will open the page.

Disabling Spybot addons does not seem to fix it, neither does unistalling spybot.

I will be blunt, but for the meantime, I think you got the wrong guy for this problem. Frankly, Spybot just does not sound like the one that will be triggering such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ochdx View Post
    Disabling Spybot addons does not seem to fix it, neither does unistalling spybot.
    If disabling SDHelper (Browser add-on) and uninstalling Spybot didn't help, I don't really understand how you can come to the conclusion that Spybot is the cause of your problem. Just because event B occurred after event A, it doesn't mean event B occurred because of event A.

You might want to follow the suggestions posted here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...8-fcb1f8b28eac