Thread: Whoops! lost Opera immunization

Default Whoops! lost Opera immunization

My Spybot program was working fine, immunizing my Opera browser. But
    then I had to reinstall Windows to fix a registry problem, and after I
    reinstalled both Spybot and Opera, Spybot doesn't seem to see the
    Opera browser. Any suggestions?

I know it's usually not cool to appear to piggy-back on another thread, but since my problem is so closely related to macwhirr's (and his hasn't been answered yet), I thought I might try and tuck my question in here.

I've just earlier this week upgraded to:
    Opera Version 10.01 / Build 1844 / Platform Win32

The "Immunisation" process goes ahead seemingly well, through Firefox 3.6b1, IE8 and Windows Vista -no problem. But then it gets to Opera, and iSpybot (completely) protects 376 pieces of Content, 43 pieces of Plugins and then, and then ... 193 out of 196 pieces of Cookie!

I'll hardly lose sleep at night worrying about three cookies, but isn't that weird. And I have no way of knowing which three cookies those are, lying menacingly there on the plate!

Thanks, and if I've exhibited bad manners by posting here like this, I'll happily re-post on a new thread.

Aha! I was using Spybot 1.6.0. I downloaded 1.6.2, and it found Opera.

Thanks for those links, John. I read both, and came away with the understanding that the Opera/SpyBot interface is a work in progress -and not yet completely in equilibrium. Oh, and that -as I said in my original post- the disconnect is nothing to lose sleep over.

(Still, I have to say I'd love to know what those last three cookies are!)

Now, I'm not a deist ... but I downloaded the last update of SpyBot (in SafeMode, as I sometimes do) and then ran the 'Immunisation', and the 3 little Opera cookie/piggies had all run home -gone!
    It's tempting to think that the Corkonian gods had read these threads and dealt directly with the small problem it was, although I doubt that was the cause of the correction.
    But corrected it was! And if they were, then it just goes to show where the Gaelige-deities live. & Harrah!