Thread: Problems

Question Problems

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and hoping someone can help me.

Basically, I'm as certain as I can be my computer is riddled with all sorts of nasty things... it has spectacularly slowed down in recent weeks, to the point it now takes about 15 minutes to go from booting up to actually being ready to use in Windows XP.

A friend recommended I try Spybot S&D. Which I have done. It takes about 5 minutes to actually load up and be ready to use and then when it scans generally only finds a couple of spyware threats. I delete them and restart but no change to my system.

I'm not blaming Spybot at all, I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to help me here. I've been told there's a decent chance if viruses etc are already bedded in then standard scanners like Spybot (I've also used AdAware) simply won't find problem mal or spy-ware...

To that end, I have run Dr Web Live CD at start up too to clear any viruses that found, but still no improvement.

So, I'm getting rather desperate and leaning towards taking it into a shop somewhere and paying money to get them to clean it out... But, I was hoping someone here could help me?

Any ideas from anyone? All help would be well appreciated

PS - I should add my specs.

Win XP
    Intel Celeron 2.7Ghz
    Around 50GB of hard drive remaining
    256MB Ram (I know that's terrible, but I haven't added any new programs since the PC completely slowed down.. except a wireless network adapter...)

So there you go, any help well appreciated!!

Hi Andyc655,

I would like you to do that.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Sorry, somehow missed that!

Cheers - will do