Thread: Spybot and Norton 360 Together

Default Spybot and Norton 360 Together

Hello,

While looking for something else I just came across the following statement by a member in the Norton 360 forum:

"If you are running Spybot with Tea Timer installed and enabled, then you are running 2 real time security programs. That in itself will prevent both programs from running and scanning correctly. It will cause more problems than it will actually find."

My understanding of it all along has been that Spybot and Norton 360 are supposed to be able to run concurrently without any problem. I have run Spybot and N360 together for a year now on my new computer without a hitch. I recently added the Immunization feature to Spybot's resident functions, again apparently without any problems.

I have been told in the past that this could in fact be a problem if one were to run two antivirus programs at the same time, but not if one is running one antivirus (like N360) and one antispyware (like SS&D) program at the same time.

Are there any potential compatibility issues running Spybot and N360 together?

Hello,

There should not be any problems with the compatibility.
    Some say using more than one anti-spyware program with a resident protection tool might cause conflicts.
    However, Spybot - Search & Destroy's Resident protection is programmed in a way that there shouldn't be any compatibility problems.

For more information we have created a compatibility overview listing some software where compatibility has been asked for before. This list also includes some security companies that take compatibility issues as an excuse to get rid of other compete programs and force the user to uninstall those.

For more informations on this topic this news link from betanews should also be interesting.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for these links.

What you wrote does confirm my own experience, which is that there aren't any compatibility problems with Norton products.

Much appreciated,

--Jorge

Smile

I searched the forums and this thread and posts came up. It was right on point for me. I was going to see if I could install "Spybot S/D" without Tea Timer but after reading the posts and the articles I'm not sure I need to.

See ya
    "Men go and come,
    but earth abides." Ecclesiastes 1:4

Hello,

You can disable TeaTimer as follows:
    - Go into Spybot - Mode - Advanced Mode - Tools - Resident.
    - Uncheck the following: Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot