Thread: Trouble With Install

Default Trouble With Install

Greetings,

I am attempting to install Spybot onto my Windows Vista machine and am getting the following error when I attempt to install. This error pops up after I am prompted which language I want and agree to the License Agreement, etc. Right when the program is about to start writing to the HD I get this:

Code:
    Application Error

Exception EAccessViolation in module spybots162.tmp at 00321E1C. Access violation at address 00723038. Write address 00723038.
    This error will continue to pop up over and over if I click anywhere on the screen except for end the program. I am pretty certain this is a virus, malware, or something preventing me from installing the program. Any advice?

Hi mattrious,

you can try to install Spybot in safe mode. Does it help you?
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hi mattrious,

you can try to install Spybot in safe mode. Does it help you?
    No. I tried that as soon as I figured out I wasn't going to be able to install under normal conditions.

Hi mattrious,

I am pretty certain this is a virus, malware, or something preventing me from installing the program. Any advice?
    If you are infected with Malware, read the thread "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) carefully, especially prepare an HijackThis logfile.

After that, open your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum where someone will help you as soon as possible.

Matt

I'm not certain it's malware. I've just no idea why it will not install unless it's something like malware or a virus? I don't have any other issues installing other programs. So this is what leads me to believe it is a malware or virus.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrious View Post
    I'm not certain it's malware. I've just no idea why it will not install unless it's something like malware or a virus? I don't have any other issues installing other programs. So this is what leads me to believe it is a malware or virus.
    Ok, I understand you.
    Malware sometimes blocks only some security tools.

If I were you, I would open my own thread in the Malware Removal Forum.
    We have to make sure that your computer is free of Malware... but in the end... it's your decision.

Moreover, perhaps has the analyst, who will assist you in the Malware Removal Forum, the answer to your problem...whether it's "Malware-related" or not

I'm sorry that I can't help you more.
    Keep me updated.
    Take care.
    Last edited by Matt; 2010-01-12 at 22:57.

Matt

Thanks for the friendly advice. I'll make a post in the Malware Removal forum. I appreciate all your assistance and I will keep you posted.