Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems uninstalling Spybot...

Default Problems uninstalling Spybot...

Somehow or another I have ended up with two different versions of Spybot running concurrently on my computer. I try to uninstall them in Add/Remove but when I do one gives me a message that the unins001.msg file is missing and the other one tells me that the unins000.dat is missing. What do I have to do to get both of these versions safely off of my computer? Many thanks.

Did you have Spybot 1.4 on your computer,then download a later version through updates?

Try following this,and see if it helps:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2010-01-09 at 21:09.

Default Uninstalling Spybot-MS error message for teatimer.exe

I had to uninstall Spybot. Subsequently, this error message appeared:

Exception EAccessViolation in module Teatimer.exe at 0006E537.
    Access violation at address 00046E537 in module Teatimer.exe. Read of address 00000038.

How cn I fix this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Did you have Spybot 1.4 on your computer,then download a later version through updates?

Try following this,and see if it helps:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    Thank you and yes I've seen that post but didn't follow the advice because I was afraid that manually removing the program in Windows via drag and drop might leave me in a situation like cutking's. Why are those files missing? Can I not download them from somewhere and then simply use the uninstaller to remove the program?

There is nowhere to download the individual files,that I know of.
    You could try redownloading Spybot over the top of your current install.But,first,we should find out why there are two versions of Spybot in add/remove programs.
    There was an old issue with a version of Spybot,where two entries were added to add/remove programs when updating Spybot through the update,but it didn't mean two versions were really installed.

Though,you getting the two different error messages when uninstalling does sound like you might have 2 different versions installed.
    If it's in there,what product version is listed in add/remove programs for each Spybot?

Quote Originally Posted by cutking View Post
    I had to uninstall Spybot. Subsequently, this error message appeared:

Exception EAccessViolation in module Teatimer.exe at 0006E537.
    Access violation at address 00046E537 in module Teatimer.exe. Read of address 00000038.

How cn I fix this? Thanks.
    Is that error appearing with Spybot uninstalled,or did you reinstall since?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    There is nowhere to download the individual files,that I know of.
    You could try redownloading Spybot over the top of your current install.But,first,we should find out why there are two versions of Spybot in add/remove programs.
    There was an old issue with a version of Spybot,where two entries were added to add/remove programs when updating Spybot through the update,but it didn't mean two versions were really installed.

Though,you getting the two different error messages when uninstalling does sound like you might have 2 different versions installed.
    If it's in there,what product version is listed in add/remove programs for each Spybot?
    One version in Add/Remove does not list a version. The second one is 1.4. I'm not too keen on downloading a third version of Spybot fearing that it will only compound the problem.

Hello,

Probably you run McAfee?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I assume you are addressing me. No I don't run McAfee. I'm going to create a system restore point and try uninstalling using the instructions on the aforementioned page. Even trying a forced uninstall in some third party apps isn't working and the Windows Cleanup Utility doesn't even see either version in spite of the fact they are showing in Add/Remove big as life and I can run the program.

Ok I took a chance and everything went swimmingly with the manual delete or deletes as the case may be. Is the new version of Spybot safe to download and has this problem with the online update been sorted now?