Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot update Spybot Hosts file

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gnetblast
    md usa spybot fan
    Thanks but this is a temporary fix I hope Registry Fix is coming from ZA update or one of you who know their way around windows XP registry
    I may fix a tweak for this in goggle maybe. Thank you all at least I can move on to MVP HOSTS file later on when this little bug with ZA is fixed.
    Is far as I can determine a "... Registry Fix ..." or other external circumvention would not fix that problem. I believe that ZoneAlarm actually opens the HOSTS file as if it was going to update it so that no other programs can access it. If that is in fact the cast the only thing that will fix the problem is for ZoneAlarm to fix their program.

The only way that will happen is if everyone experiencing the problem repetitively posts in the Zone Labs User Forum until the problem is fixed. Please consider posting in the following forum:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Good news,

The problem has been solved in the new ZA free version 6.5.731.000

The red hot topic helped in their forums.....

enoskype

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

re:ZoneAlarm Release 6.5.731.000.

Unfortunately as of this time ZoneAlarm's release history page still lists 6.5.722.000 as the latest release:

The latest ZoneAlarm release is 6.5.722.000
    So the download of 6.5.731.000 is not available there.

It appears that the 6.5.731.000 release is only available from what is listed as the FREE ZoneAlarm version here:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.