Thread: 1.6.2.46 takes a long time to load.

Default 1.6.2.46 takes a long time to load.

I have had this trouble for a long time and all I can read about it in the forum is with way older versions. I am running XP Pro and if I start Spybot it takes about 2 minuets to load.
    It is like this on my desk top and laptop.
    Calvin

Hello Calvin,

Have you already tried an uninstall and then a fresh install?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

No I had not tried a complete uninstall and re install just updates. I should have thought of this. It worked on one PC and I will do it to the other.
    Thank you.

Default Agreed...long time issue.

I don't know if this is an "old, slow computer" issue, but it HAS been around since Spybot 1.5. Spybot 1.6.0 takes about around a full minute just to load on my old PIII 800MHz system running Win98SE (I can hear the sharp inhales of shock...LOL). But I just uninstalled the previous 1.6.1 version to install Spybot 1.6.2.46 on a friend's PIII 500 MHz system running Win2K-SP4 and it now takes over 2 minutes just to load, without having option settings like "Check for Updates on start" or "Immunize on Program Start" set to run. And just manually checking for updates results in the program taking the same 2 min 15 seconds to recover, even when there are no updates to download and install.

I can understand it taking however long it takes to actually "run" a system scan on older systems with slow CPUs, but I don't understand this excessive amount of time simply to load the application. MalwareByte's Anti-Malware application and SUPERantispyware both load in under 15 seconds.
    Last edited by Razzhere; 2010-04-22 at 05:20. Reason: left out something

Quote Originally Posted by Razzhere View Post
    I don't know if this is an "old, slow computer" issue, but it HAS been around since Spybot 1.5. Spybot 1.6.0 takes about around a full minute just to load on my old PIII 800MHz system running Win98SE (I can hear the sharp inhales of shock...LOL). But I just uninstalled the previous 1.6.1 version to install Spybot 1.6.2.46 on a friend's PIII 500 MHz system running Win2K-SP4 and it now takes over 2 minutes just to load,
    You are lucky, for me is allways 15 min to only the ui to load and around of 4 hours to scan with all modules selected, and around of 20 min the most actives

Quote Originally Posted by Razzhere View Post

I can understand it taking however long it takes to actually "run" a system scan on older systems with slow CPUs, but I don't understand this excessive amount of time simply to load the application. MalwareByte's Anti-Malware application and SUPERantispyware both load in under 15 seconds.
    it's the nature of the spybot program, especially with the latest spybot detection updates installed; takes way too long to load. and I'm using an intel celeron 766mhz cpu w/ 320Mb of RAM with WinXP SP3 installed. almost always takes about a minute to load.

perhaps that will get resolved when spybot 2.0 gets released.