Thread: Registry changes

Default Registry changes

When you click to remember this decision for a registry page and then go to settings from the system tray icon and check on allowed registry changes, if you delete any of them from that section, will it then ask the same question the next time about a reg change?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Yes. Deleting the entry should cause a similar registry change to issue the popup dialog that requires an answer rather than just the popup notification in the lower right hand corner of the screen.

Just so that you are aware:
    • When you check "Remember this decision" on an "Allow change" the entries will be found in the "Allowed registry changes" tab of TeaTimer's "White & Black List".
    • When you check "Remember this decision" on an "Deny change" the entries will be found in the "Blocked registry changes" tab of TeaTimer's "White & Black List".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I noticed that occasionally when I download a small WMV file and Windows Media player 9 series opens it will play but no video will show just the sound, the system appears to freeze, so when I hit alt ctrl del I notice that Zone Alarm client shows as not responding along with Windows Media Player, I then click on to close WMP but I then have to reboot.

Would this be to do with Spybot in any way?

This has happened to more than one WMV file.

Usually on reboot it plays fine afterwards.

Pardon me for slipping into this thread, but could you tell me which button is which for allow and deny? I have a laptop that the buttons are partially hidden and I can't see any of the writting in the buttons, just the very tops of them and can't tell which is which. I have tried adjusting screen resolution and adjusting the size of the popup window, neither will allow me to see the labels. Thanks.

jjdefan,There is a pinned thread with fixes for that here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2006-07-14 at 22:23.

And here is a post from md usa spybot fan,for further info:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...85&postcount=2

(And to answer your original question,the Allow button is on the left.)