Thread: IE Tweaks and Uninstalling SpyBot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I re-read your first post about this inquiry and then Rosenfield's post.

D:

I really do not know what is going on.
    Your first post asks about how the HOSTS file has to do with Spybot's tweak. My question is, was that out of curiosity or were you having a problem?

Sorry to hear about troubles about the Internet. I think that is more of an internal problem like with configurations; not the problems installed on your machine. May I ask why avast! has a caution sign on your taskbar?
    I don't think avast! is interfering with your internet. Did you have another PC connect to your network besides the one you are using right now?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I re-read your first post about this inquiry and then Rosenfield's post.

D:

I really do not know what is going on.
    Your first post asks about how the HOSTS file has to do with Spybot's tweak. My question is, was that out of curiosity or were you having a problem?

Sorry to hear about troubles about the Internet. I think that is more of an internal problem like with configurations; not the problems installed on your machine. May I ask why avast! has a caution sign on your taskbar?
    I don't think avast! is interfering with your internet. Did you have another PC connect to your network besides the one you are using right now?
    I was asking out of curiosity and wondering if past actions had an influence on the current state of my Hosts file and IE settings. This picture was taken when I had Avast on the computer(June 13); SpyBot has only been installed twice, once with Avast 4.8 and once with Avast 5. I do not know why Avast has a sign on my taskbar.[ I am not using Avast now, I have Norton 360 since July 8. I did not use all the providers since the email scanning provider did not seem to work with my connection and slowed things down. I also used the default set up with Internet Explorer as means of updating Avast as I did not understand the other access methods to Avast's servers for updates. My friend who installed Norton said it was like my computer was on dial up.

The installation of SpyBot with Avast 4.8 had 3 miscellaneous locks checked, I believe. The installation of SpyBot with Avast 5 had only the check by the host file option. I hope I haven't confused you...
    quest803

Then I was confusing myself; I went beyond what was required to answer your inquiry.

A simple answer to your question is no.
    Rosenfield should make it clear.