Thread: I'm a total newbie

Default I'm a total newbie

I'm a total newbie - how do I find out the directories of the files that Spybot is searching? - so I can delete them. They are serving me no purpose
    Cheers.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

If you don’t need the files that Spybot is searching, reformatting your hard drive will do it (just joking).

I am going to guess that you are looking at the scan status in the lower left hand corner of the screen while doing a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") and are seeing things that you don't think should be on your system. Is that right?

During the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar in the lower left hand corner of the screen shows the following:
    • "Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
      • xxxxx = Current check count.
      • yyyyy = Total check count.
      • zzzzz = Malware check being performed.

• The zzzzz value is not what is on your system, it is the malware check being performed.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I see.. So they arent actually files on my computur stated at the botttom left underneth the bar that says how far along the search is? Its what the program is checking for?

Hello,

This is only the status bar displaying the products Spybot - Search & Destroy is currently searching for. It does not mean that all these items are on your PC.
    So...don't worry.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot