Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possibly infected again...please help!

Default Weird

I just noticed that the sound no longer works! I checked everything (I think)...any ideas?

Without having any details what so ever on your sound card etc., I would suggest re-installing the driver.

Otherwise, as this is a site dedicated to Spybot Search & Destroy & the removal of malware, visiting one of the following dedicated Tech Support Sites:

Try one of these sites (in no particular order):
    Tech Support Forum
    What the Tech
    The Elder Geek

Default You're right

Sorry. It's just that I thought it could be the result of all these scans and changes my computer has been going through recently. I will reinstall the driverd, although I checked them and they seem to be ok...

Ill kerp u posted..

Default Thank you

I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that this computer is 6-7 years old and after a few infections, it's normal that it doesn't perform as well as it used to. I just turned it on and it took a good 5 minutes before I could even reach this website! Over all, it's much better.

Thank you so much for your help! We are lucky to have access to such great resources as this Website. In a way, I hope I'll never need you again! (but probably will!)

Thanks!

Chris

I guess I have to come to terms with the fact that this computer is 6-7 years old and after a few infections, it's normal that it doesn't perform as well as it used to.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head.
    A format & re-install of the Operating System may help... if you wanted to go down that road. But with a computer of that age it could be any number of things, including failing hardware, in which case a R&R would be of little value.

Time for an upgrade me thinks.

Anyway... Glad I could help in some way.

Good Luck & Surf Safe

Since your malware issues appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed.

Note:If it has been four days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include fresh DDS & Attach logs and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than four days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me or Moderator a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is also required.