Thread: Other drives

Default Other drives

how do i get smitfraud to check my d and e drives???

Hello,

I guess you mean how you get Spybot to scan other drives and not Smitfraud. :

There are different ways to search for spies. One would be to search the complete registry and harddisk for suspicious entries and files. That can take a lot of time.

Spybot-S&D takes advantage of the fact that all spies have to anchor themselves at a few places over the system to get active. It starts to search at these places, following the information gathered there to catch the whole spy.

So it is not necessary to make your own scan on every drive. Spybot-S&D usually scans all internal harddisks automatically. But a general recommendation is that you store all incoming files (downloads) in a special folder, and that you set up this folder for a special installer scan. Please have a look at the "Directories" in the "Settings" when you run Spybot - Search & Destroy in "Advanced Mode". There you can add additional harddisks or folders.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

spybot does that......but when i run smitfraud, it only shows c: drive....i also have a d: and e:....e is for my downloads and that is what i would like checked.......

Retired

You can add your download directory into spybot when you switch into the "advanced mode" -> "directorys". Then Spybot will check these files too

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Baloo-:

Are by chance talking about SmitfraudFix?

If your system has symptoms of Smitfraud follow the instructions here:

Then post in the Malware Removal forum.

If your system does not have symptoms of Smitfraud, then there is no need to run SmitfraudFix. Just follow the instructions to add your download directories to the Spybot scan that were already given. Note: Add just download directories not the full drives!

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

i apologize, yes i am running the Smitfraudfix and would like to get it to run thru my other drives......

Security Expert-Emeritus

Baloo-

As far as I know smithfraudfix only checks the drive windows is on, I doubt what it looks for would be elsewhere.

If you have more question's they should be addressed in the malware forum
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2006

k, thanx........and by the way if you can pass it on somewhere, that sysprotect.com adware is a veeeery bad boy.....very hard to get rid of...