Thread: spybot blocking website...

Default spybot blocking website...

hi,

spybot appears to be blocking vistaprint.com, which i use regulary... or at least i think its spybot...i'm not sure what else it would be. vistaprint is the only website i cannot access. but i can access it from another pc in my home.

but out of 3 pcs', 2 pcs cannot access vistaprint. both pcs are running spybot.

i tried doing an "undo" in the immunization. no luck

i also tried changing the spybot settings in IE8 to "ask for blocking confirmation". so when i go to vistaprint now, it asks "allow or deny". when i click "allow" i get the error: HTTP 404 Not Found

does anyone have any ideas? i was going to uninstall spybot, but they say it may not fix the problem??

i really need to access this site...if anyone has any ideas...please help!

thank you!

Please see here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=54136
    Also,Spybot adds VistaPrint.com to the hosts file when you Immunize,which would prevent you from accessing the site.
    If you open Spybot,then click Mode->Advanced Mode->Tools->Hosts File,you can highlight any site you want removed,then click Remove Selected Entries.

VistaPrint operate around the world and have many country specific domain names - it is only the .com domain that is blocked in the Hosts file. If you are not in the USA try accessing your local country specific website - even the Canadian website is available.

The problem with VistaPrint in the USA appears to be that there is a class action lawsuit against the American company due to dubious billing activity. My experience is that you have to be cautious when choosing extra options on the VistaPrint website that are in fact links to partner companies that charge for services.

Default that worked!

thank you! i removed vistaprint.com from the host file... now that i know this, i can manage my sites much more easily!!!

You're welcome.

Default satisfied vistaprint customer

I got news for you people at spybot, YOU ARE the scammers. No phone number , oh, excuse me, for $49 I can speak with customer support at spybot. Let's see now, spybot puts a hit out on Vistaprint so everyone's softwear blocks vistaprint then offers to help at $49 a phone call. Got news for ya, I uninstalled spybot and it still keeps coming up on my computer so who's using malware technology now? What are you in ca-hoots with microsoft? Since when does any company have the right to dictate to me what website I access? Further more, I have had no problems with Vistaprint. I LIKE and am PLEASED with vistaprint products! I even selected "allow" option and still spybot blocked. You folks have your wires crossed...the culprit(s) here are those who stand to make the most mooolaa from blocking vistaprint.

Hello,

I am sorry, but seems like you got something wrong.
    At first we do not offer telephone support, so second we can not take any money for that.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Vistaprint & Spybot

Thanks to this post; I was finally able to access my Vistaprint. I've tried to access this site off & on for over a year now, with zero success on my PC.

Although very pleased with Spybot in the past, with this episode, I was very displeased to learn it was Spybot blocking Vistaprint without my knowledge. I would of been preferred to have been asked if this was a site that I would like to block rather than automatically block it.

I hope Spybot corrects this problem because it seems there are other Vistaprint customers who are having the same problem.

Thanks.

Hello,

Seems like you do not have installed the latest updates.
    Vistaprint has been removed from immunization with the update from the 2010-02-10. Please search for new updates, undo the immunization, then immunize again. This should solve the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot