Thread: Malware Issue

Default Malware Issue

I'm having the biggest malware issue I've ever had. I'm running windows vista for those who are going to ask.

I've tried avast, ad-aware, spybot, combofix, super anti-spyware, and a couple of others. This malware prevents me from opening them or even installing them all together (aside from avast and ad-aware.) When I first tried to get this, I was trying to download the most current version of spybot and the malware was preventing me from going to the main spybot website.

I also tried registering on 3 other forums other than this one and on all three of those forums, I never received a conformation e-mail which kind of bothers me. I get tons of redirecting problems in firefox on google. Some sites, like the main spybot website, I can't even access because it'll always be stopped. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm at a loss here.

Also, I noticed this thread:

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...82&postcount=3

I actually thought this might be worth trying out but there is no .scr file in my spybot folder.

Hello rustygun01,

Please see this FAQ which also includes instructions on posting preliminary DDS logs: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Please do not try to run tools such as ComboFix while waiting for assistance.

If DDS won't run please start a new topic in the malware forum anyway and provide a link back to this topic.

Best regards.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=60376
    Last edited by tashi; 2010-11-11 at 23:37. Reason: Added link to new topic :-)
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016