Thread: Spybot not finding anything?

Question Spybot not finding anything?

Hi

I have used spybot for many months and have found it to be very good, I usually use it daily after browsing and it always finds something. The past three days however it is not finding anything? Not even the "right media" cookie, Its found that cookie every day that ive scanned in the past.

Every time I scan now it tells me "congrats no immediate threats"

I have been using Immunize quiet a bit lately and its got both my IE and Firefox covered, But I use chrome as my daily browser and I was expecting S&D to find at least some cookies.

How do I know if theres a problem with my download of S&D?
    Using The latest version with all updates installed up to last wednesday's

Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".
    If still nothing is found you have probably activated the resident protection of Spybot - Search & Destroy that is blocking the baddies from getting into your system.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" and select "Settings" --> "File Sets" in the left bar. There, please right-click somewhere into the list and choose "select all available checks".
    If still nothing is found you have probably activated the resident protection of Spybot - Search & Destroy that is blocking the baddies from getting into your system.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Hi Sandra , Thanks for your reply.

I had spybot set to search for all available checks, But It was just finding usage tracks, Today however I ran another scan and it showed up the "right media" cookie so at least I know its working properly, When It was finding nothing I was more concerned than if it was finding 50 cookies.
    Everything seems to be back as it should be.

Ill try not to panic next time lol

Regards.