Thread: Teatimer reports account name change

Default Teatimer reports account name change

7/24/2006 9:18:34 PM Denied value "DefaultUserName" (new data: "DellCel") changed in Winlogon!

The above was the prompt I received from TT. I had just "switched" users and logged into my admin account from a limited user account

I denied the change because I don't know what it means.

I hope this is enough info to present. It appeared there was going to be a change to how my accounts are named but why would that occurr?

Any assistance in better understanding this alert is greatly appreciated.

Take Care
    Cel

Hello,

Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra: Thank you for your reply.

I did not check the remember this decision when I denied the request so it comes up whenever I do a switch users from limited user to admin account. Should I allow this change?

The prompt says:
    Catagory: Winlogon
    Change: Value change
    Entry: Default user name

old data: Cel
    new data: Dellcel
    (I am going from the Cel account to the Dellcel account on this switch users action)

This is something new that never occurred before. Just not sure why the alert is occurring now and what it means.

Take Care
    Cel

XP Pro AVGfree, ZoneAlarmF, BoClean, Winpatrol, B9, Taskcatcher (Bill P Studios), Tea Timer

I get that alert from teatimer,also,when logging onto my account,after being on the other account.I always allow it.Then,when I log off my account,and log back into the other account again,I get prompted again to allow or deny their user name for DefaultUserName,once again.It just keeps going back and forth,when switching accounts.