Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing SpyBot-Search & Destroy 1.4

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Tom.K

Quote Originally Posted by Tom.K
    Does found and removed usage tracks are added to statistics?
    I believe that they are.

I `ve created cookie list but I will not add it wihout administrator allow.
    When you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore cookies > and check the cookies that you want to keep, that list is stored in the Cookies.sbe file located in one of the following directories/folders:
    • Windows 95 or 98:
      C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
    • Windows ME:
      C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes
    • Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
      C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes

Check the access rights that you have on that directory/folder and file.

I think that is in cookie list are tracking cookies.
    After you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Ignore cookies and checked cookies that you want ignored, exit that page (click on Settings in the left pane for example) then go back into "Ignore cookies”. If you have checked any cookies that Spybot recognizes as tracking cookies, you will receive a Confirmation dialog message asking you how you would like to proceed:
    • Confirmation
      You have excluded tracking cookies from the search. Do you really want to NOT check for them?
      [Yes] [No]

If you check "Yes", the list will be displayed with the item(s) checked but offset to the right. If you check "No", the list will be displayed with the tracking cookie(s) unchecked.

It appears that even if you leave tracking cookies that Spybot recognizes checked in "Ignore cookies" they will still be identified during a scan ("Check for problems") and listed as a Red entry in the list of problems, pre-checked for correction if you do a "Fix selected problems". The information at the top of the "Ignore cookies" panel says:

Cookies you check here will not be cleaned when you clean usage tracks.
    It does not indicate that they will be excluded during a scan for "Spyware".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I know that all. I think about attachments.I`ve created 8 screenshots and tracking cookie list (I think that are tracking).But I can`t add files because in manage attachments all my files are jumped that.What should I do?
    I`m still waiting for administrator allow for files.
    I`m thinking one,and you second.

Unhappy Need setup

Now I`m confused. I was tried to download Spybot-Search & Destroy from Planet Mirror,but not loads.Does Somebody has got Setup SpyBot-Search & Destroy ? :(
    Why is not in SpyBot webpage this setup?

Tom.K:

Now I`m confused.
    I will bet that you are not nearly as confused as I am. I though we finished with the downloading and installing Spybot-S&D 1.4.

I was tried to download Spybot-Search & Destroy from Planet Mirror,but not loads.
    I am having trouble interpreting "… but not loads".

… but not loads.
    If "… but not loads" means "… but does not download":
    1. Did you try any of the other three (3) mirrors?
    2. Did the administrator of your system give you authority to download the program?

… but not loads.
    If "… but not loads" means "… but will not install Spybot after the download":
    1. Are the attributes of the downloaded file like the following?
      • File: spybotsd14.exe
      • Size: 5,037,072 bytes
      • Modified: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 10:18:44 AM
      • MD5: C1A843913269018A8FC962407D7E5169
    2. What are the error messages that you are getting when you attempt to install Spybot-S&D 1.4.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

well md usa spybot fan,Tom.K needs to improve some of his english when describing his problems here

also what version of Windows Tom.K is using? he needs to specify that so we can help him further. to do this, right-click on the My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties to check Windows version.

Spybot S&D will NOT install under NT4, Win2000, WinXP or WinServ2003 if the user account is not an "Administrator" account.

I`ve tried to download before but is only 1 of 4 pieces (186 KB) is downloaded.
    Do you have setup so I can safely download SpyBot-Search & Destroy 1.4 ?
    Some other information:In my school is installed ErrorSafe.
    Nobody knows in my school that in one classroom (you know,learning about computers) are spywares (maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7
    well md usa spybot fan,Tom.K needs to improve some of his english when describing his problems here

also what version of Windows Tom.K is using? he needs to specify that so we can help him further. to do this, right-click on the My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties to check Windows version.

Spybot S&D will NOT install under NT4, Win2000, WinXP or WinServ2003 if the user account is not an "Administrator" account.
    I`m using Windows ME.
    Have you got Setup SpyBot-Search & Destroy 1.4 ?
    I wan`t download safely setup.
    Not from mirrors.Always problem.(do not post problem about mirrors,only lost of time).

And only one thing.
    How to activate TeaTimer?
    Maybe:SpyBot-Search & Destroy/Advanced mode/Tools/Resident and check
    TeaTimer protection.
    What next?

How to activate TeaTimer?
    Maybe:SpyBot-Search & Destroy/Advanced mode/Tools/Resident and check
    TeaTimer protection.
    The answer is yes. However, I don't think that we have established if you were ever able to download and install Spybot 1.4 or are still running Spybot 1.3. It makes a difference in regards to TeaTimer because both TeaTimer 1.3 and TeaTimer 1.4 were both delivered with bugs that affect the operation of TeaTimer in different ways. You should be aware of the bugs before using TeaTimer.

Ok.
    I will run TeaTimer when I recieve a setup.
    Oops!
    I`ve now checked max. size and it`s 97,7 KB.
    Well,nothing.I will try to download from mirrors.:(