Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen2 found

Visiting Fellow

This is embarrasing..I just X'd the box to close it and it says ComboFix is uninstalled. Sorry for the trouble!
    Don't worry it's not a problem
    Shall I follow the instructions for OTC, etc. or the post regarding creating a new, clean restore point?
    Run OTC first then create the new restore point, any other problems just let me know

I didn't seem to have any problems with uninstalling combofix, running OTC, or creating a new restore point and deleting the old restore point. I did have a problem when updating to SP3. I installed the SP3 update and could only open in safe mode. I restored to the "all clean" restore point and everything appears to be okay. Any ideas on what I can do to get the SP3 update to work?

Visiting Fellow

Hi Gigihns.
    Any ideas on what I can do to get the SP3 update to work?
    The problems you are still experiencing are not coming from malware as all of your latest logs have come back clean.
    As this is a dedicated Malware Removal site I think those issues are best left to experts elsewhere..
    Here are some excellent Tech sites (in no particular order) that may be able to help with these problems:

So as I said above your logs are clean, I hope you can resolve your other problem with the links that I provided.
    Any other questions?

That's all I can think of. Thanks for all of your help! I really do appreciate it!!!

Visiting Fellow

You're most welcome.
    Good luck and stay safe.

Visiting Fellow

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad I could help.

Note: If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read :
    Your donation helps improving Spybot-S&D!