Thread: Launch Spybot querie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hi,
    Have attached copy of shedule settings.
    In those settings you will see 'run time', I think we have established that 'run' is 'not a scan' but a launch of Spybot. Therefore should I now go back and tick 'run check on programme start' box because we also established that 'check' means 'scan'.

Hi.
    I haven't run my scheduled scan yet,I scheduled it for later today,so I haven't checked yet for sure.But,in Scheduler within Spybot,if you click Edit at the top,a small window should pop up.On the Task tab,beside Run,you should see this:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK

The "/AUTOCHECK" at the end should get Spybot to run a scan when the scheduled task is started,and not just run the program without a scan happening.
    Is the /AUTOCHECK there on yours when you look?Spybot should have added that automatically,so it should be.

No scan overnight again.
    The Autocheck is there, see attachment.

Hello,

You are using the wrong file.
    You have automated the SDMain.exe, but you need to use the SpybotSD.exe.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thank you Spybotsandra but unfortunately I have no idea what you are talking about
    Would appreciate a little more detail if possible please and also some clarification on what those settings that I have already made in 'The Scheduler' actually do if they don't do what they say they do so to speak.

I appreciate your time.

signed
    Very Non Tech Head

It's in the attachment you posted.It shows "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDMain.exe" /AUTOCHECK.That's the wrong file to run,it's the Spybot-S&D Security Center launcher.

If you remove the SDMain.exe part of this line,listed in the Run: box "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDMain.exe" /AUTOCHECK
    and put in SpybotSD.exe instead,so that it looks exactly like this:
    "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /AUTOCHECK
    and then click Apply,and OK,then your scheduled task should launch Spybot correctly at the scheduled time.hth.

I just found this and think I have changed it as advised. Will let you know if it works later....