Been a very long time user and have been quiet for a number of years but recently I have had the opportunity to deal with a steady number of infected machines. My first port of call after Microsoft Forefront failed to detect these infections was to run Spybot which to my disappointment also failed to detect these infections. It was then onto Malwarebytes which did detect and remove the various infection I was encountering.

As I have said I have been a very long time user and disappointed to see Spybot not finding these infection so I decided to do something about it and found the submit file/s for analysis form (also found the same form for Microsoft and ClamAV) and started submitting what I found (they all tend to live in the same places in the system folders so they are pretty easy to find by hand.) to help out.

I am however curious to know if the files I am submitting are of any use and if infections I am submitting are being analysed and made into updates for Spybot (I read the update release notices but as everyone calls infection by different names I am unable to tell if what I have submitted was included or not)? When I submit infections to Microsoft they give you a really nice email progress update telling you they have received the infections, they have analysed them and that they have finally included them into a definition update.

Is it possible to get some kind of response similar to Microsoft's that your samples have been submitted and accepted, rejected or more information is required etc?

Thanks, and please keep up the great work.